3.19.2009

Spray Painting Party!

I had a total crazy spray painting day. I must have been high from all the fumes. Maybe I should have worn a mask. Yes I did all this in one day.

I had all these nic-nacs and other various things in my house that I was not happy with. I loved the shape or the style, but not the colors. So voila, spray paint! I mainly used black and white to make my apartment feel more uniform, more calming. Here are the before and afters. Some I don't have before's, so bear with me.

Candleholders before:



Candleholders after (sans candles, I like it better this way):




Chandelier dressing before (these are just cheap branches with beads I bought at a craft store):




Chandelier after:




Mirror before (I loved the shape of this mirror and the large frame border, but the yellow with the leaves had to go):




Mirror after (crisp, glossy black):




Garden pot before (I also rearranged this hallway with different art, plant, rug, etc.):




Garden pot, celery green after:




Some random afters:

Night light (it was maroon and mustard before):




Bird (it was brown and ugly, very 70's before):




Mail holder (it was brown and had grapes on it before, ugh!):




Whew! I think that's it...I may have missed some. I hope you'll find some love for spray painting, too! And wear a mask.




3 comments:

  1. These are great! Makes me want to break out some cans of paint and start spraying things. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing all of your projects Kiley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Monica! And keep up the fantastic work on Craftynest. Love it.

    ReplyDelete