6.10.2009

Repurposed Metal Rolling Cart

That title was a mouth full... Anyhoo, as I've mentioned before, I work in the art department at George Mason University. We are currently gearing up to move into a brand spankin' new building. Woohoo! I'll have a window. So faculty are tossing things left and right, and this cute little rolling cart caught my eye. It was very dirty before with paint splotches and perfect circles where paint cans sat.

Here's the before:


And here's the after:


And a closer look:


Isn't it great!? Well I love it. This way I can roll my plants in and out of the sun as needed. And the total cost of this project? 8 Bucks!

Budget Breakdown:

Metal Rolling Cart = FREE!
$4 or so for the aqua spray paint
$4 or so for steel wool to sand it down a bit

Yeah! Now I can enjoy my flowers and my new plant stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment