1.30.2011

Snow Days and Good Find

Last Wednesday, the D.C. and surrounding areas got hit with a snowstorm of around 6 inches! Now, that's not a ton of snow, but the lack of preparation (you know, salt on the roads, plows out, duh!) plus massive power outages all over the city made this snowstorm not so fun! We were without power for a total of around 17 hours; 12 hours straight, then another 5 hours or so later. I was ready to get out and do some thrifting! Or just ready to be warm. Our thermostat read 57 the morning after the power went out.

Here are some images from the storm. It was very pretty, minus the fallen branches and the lightning! Yes lightning in a snowstorm. It was pretty but very creepy. The sky lit up neon blue.



I finally ventured out on Saturday to Kruger's Antiques in Annandale. It's a huge barn filled with antiques, but it was all open and not heated. I'll have to go back when it's a little warmer. I found this great pitcher. It's from West Germany, so it says on the bottom... I really like the subtle ikat print and the yellow and gray. I can't get enough of the ikat print. Seriously, it's sick!



No comments:

Post a Comment